Friday, July 20, 2007

Pie-tastic!

So I made my first attempt - ever! - at a pie last night, and I'm pleased to say that it didn't turn out horribly. I made a very free-form galette, since A) I wasn't sure if we even have a pie plate in my apartment and B) I was too lazy to actually roll the dough out nicely. I'm going to play with the recipe some more to see how I can improve it, but for the time being, you get this tease:



It's lime and cherry, sweet and tart. I could have just eaten a bowl of the filling and been perfectly happy.

I pitted all the cherries using a cider bottle and a chopstick, on recommendation from this Chowhound discussion. It wasn't particularly clean, and some of the flesh got stuck on in the bottle, but it was fun ;)

4 comments:

Liney said...

Can I move in? You guys eat well! I had tomato soup for breakfast and easy mac for lunch. I can't decide between the two for dinner...

Pam said...

Come on up!

And this was after my dinner of samosas and shu mai...

Sarah said...

I have a great recipe for you of a SUPER easy apple galette (sp?) that's really easy, looks awesome and it SO yum!

Pam said...

Mmmm, apples! Email it to me!

And Liney... did you notice it's a Strongbow bottle? The place down the street from me sells Strongbow in bottles AND cans... just another great thing about my neighborhood!